So as noted in a previous post, I have recently become involved with a local theater group. Auditions for the Fall show were a few weeks back. I got called back for a lead part, but alas, did not end up with it. Instead, a great friend of mine within the group was given the part. As much as I was disappointed not to have the vocal solos, I was more than happy to give up the ridiculous amount of lines that would have to have been memorized. Instead, I have a minor role with some select choral solos and a few lines. Fine by me.
At the call backs, I met this girl who was also called back for the same part. She was very nice. That night, I friended her on facebook. She accepted my friend request. Once that was done, I looked at her profile. I saw her profile picture, and my face just about dropped. Literally, I was picking my mouth up on the floor. Her profile picture was of her and a girl that I used to be very close with, but was a friend with whom I had parted ways. Let the drama begin.
So the back story: This girl (for all intents and purposes, we will call her Sally) and I had worked together and became very good friends over a very short period of time. She was about five years younger than I, but I became a big sister to her. Now being that she was younger, she was much more immature. There were a series of events that led me to realize this. Now, I understand that when you're young, you drink. I get that. That's not the way I was. I was a goody two shoes, which I am fine with. She was a drinker...there were only two things I ever asked of her. 1. That she be safe and not drive or get into a car with anyone. 2. That she not do it while out with me, simply because I was the oldest and if they were caught, I would immediately be under suspision. I didn't think it was asking much. Needless to say, things did not end well. After an ill fated night out in Boston when I was forced to find another way home because she wanted nips in her coke at the restaurant, I was angry. When we hadn't spoken in a while and I got a drunk dial vm from one of her male friends, that was the most disgusting thing I had ever heard in my life, with her laughing hysterically in the back ground, I was enraged. The next day, I had my number changed and did not look back.
And guess what? Sheee's baaccckkkk! So this girl that I'm in the show with is like best friends with Sally. Fabulous. So, I figured Sally would be coming to the show to see her friend. Ok, I can deal with that. I'll just avoid her. But guess what? That's not all! She is apparently going to be auditioning for the spring show. Now I had never intended to do the spring show, simply because of work commitments...but really? Do I deserve this? Couldn't I just have something in my life without drama that was mine? I have no idea who I am going to deal with all this when the time comes. Sigh. My hair hurts.
The silver lining? I'll let you know when I think of it. In the meantime, feel free to have a giggle over the fact that the girl that truly hates drama, cannot seem to turn a corner without walking head first into it.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment